[Box Backup] Exception: Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (7/30)

Remco Poelstra boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:29:50 +0100

Ben Summers wrote:
>> That's all there is.

I grep'ed the syslog on 'box' but If I grep'ed for I would have noticed
more output. Namely

Nov  5 16:22:33 aker bbstored[3432]: Incoming connection from
131.155.237.160 port 32806 (handling in child 3936)
Nov  5 16:22:34 aker bbstored[3936]: SSL err during Accept:
error:140890B2:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate
returned
Nov  5 16:22:34 aker bbstored[3936]: in server child, exception
Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (7/30) -- terminating child

Any logfile given to bbackupquery remains empty nontheless.

> Are you behind a firewall? Are you running a packet filter?

No, I'm not AFAIK. I'm running a stock debian kernel, I don't think it
has filtering enabled default.

> What happens if you attempt to connect to the server, from a shell
> running on that server? What happens if you ask bbstored to listen on
> localhost, and then connect to that from that same shell? You should at
> least get something in the logs.

I suppose I don't have to check the localhost thing?

I hope the syslog messages give you a clue. Do you perhaps know how I
can change my config to get the logs in the appropriate file?

Remco Poelstra