[Box Backup] ExcludeDir/AlwaysIncludeDir does not work

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:49:08 +0000

On 22 Nov 2004, at 17:40, J. Meyers wrote:

> Hello again,
>

> I have one small problem with ExcludeDir/AlwaysIncludeDir. Until
> yesterday I had the following config without the AlwaysIncludeDir
> directive, then I added it but with no effect and also no errors in
> syslog (sure, I restarted bbackupd ;-). /var/www/dir1/html/webalizer
> still doesn't get backuped.
>
>        var-www
>        {
>                Path = /var/www
>                ExcludeDir = /var/www/dir1
>                ExcludeDir = /var/www/dir2/files
>                ExcludeDir = /var/www/dir3/files
>                AlwaysIncludeDir = /var/www/dir1/html/webalizer
>        }
>

> I could specify a new backup name, but maybe someone has an idea why
> this include doesn't work.

A program logic thing which isn't caught, but probably should be.

The problem is that /var/www/dir1 has already been excluded, so isn't
scanned, so it doesn't get anywhere near /var/www/dir1/html/webalizer
to include it. You could use Regexes to exclude things in such a way
that /var/www/dir1/html gets scanned.

Ben