[Box Backup] disk usage changed after move

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:04:17 +0000

On 22 Nov 2004, at 18:36, J. Meyers wrote:

> Hello Ben,
>

> thanks for your fast replys! I'll try with regex in a minute...
>

> No, there were no terminates or abnormal disconnects according to the
> syslogs. While doing the first complete backup a couple of days ago
> the size (according to bbstoreaccounts info) climbed up to 6GB and
> bumped down to 1,2GB (?) while normally (!) disconnecting after some
> hours. It was interesting that in the second of finishing the initial
> backup bbackupd reconnected for a new sync to the server with no more
> transfers. At the next housekeeping event the size was corrected to
> 6GB. Then I excluded a forgotten directory with about 500mb and the
> size went down to 5,5GB (+ 500mb old files) and remained so for about
> 5 days until the disk copy/change (with some small changes in size and
> for old and deleted files). After the disk change and the first
> housekeeping event it changed to 6GB + 500MB old files.

Oh I know what it is, it's a bug in 0.08 and below which causes the
store sizes to become corrupted (see list archive). It's not an awful
bug, as it just results in spurious sizes corrected messages. If you
were running 0.08PLUSx you wouldn't had the problem.

Ben