[Box Backup] traffic statistics

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:41:00 -0700

On 10/20/04 3:39 PM, Dennis Speekenbrink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any feature that enables traffic monitoring (ie. amount of
> data transferred) of accounts?
> I couldn't find any mention of this type of feature on the site, or
> the last 3 months of maillinglist archive.
> It would be a valuable addition in environments in which traffic needs
> to be accounted for (commercial purposes for example).
>
> If there is no such feature, is something like this planned?

It is a part of the Server Side Management Specs that I sent out on 9/21
(Subject: BoxBackup Server Side Management Specs (Draft 0.01)).

If you can't find that message in the archive, let me know and I'll send
you my copy.

Basically, the specs call for tracking the number of bytes synced and
restored. My thought was to get stats, and your idea builds on top of
that (AFAICT). The 'running byte-counter' should be made persistent
(along with other stats), to support accounting and auditing of traffic.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | The Reedtz Corporation | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561