[Box Backup] (no subject)

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:29:12 +0100

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 13:09, Michel CERDINI wrote:
> #include <string>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>          std::string str;
>          str = "Test";
>          str += "_test";
> }
>
>   And it does't work :
>
> [root@serveur boxbackup-0.08]# g++ toto.cpp
> toto.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
> toto.cpp:7: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

That's either a compiler bug or indicative of general system problems -
bad RAM or overheating or something. In this case I suspect compiler
problem because bad RAM is generally more apparent on larger compiles.
Having said that it's a pretty simple piece of code to cause compiler
problems. Might be worth running memtest86 overnight just to check the
system.

Since you're on Fedora Core 1 you might be interested to know that there
is an RPM available. It's not precompiled for Fedora Core 1
unfortunately, but you can download the source RPM from here:

http://www.ebourne.me.uk/rpms/boxbackup-0.08-3.src.rpm

Use rpmbuild --rebuild <file> to build the binary package. However this
won't help you out until the compiler problem is solved of course.

Cheers,

Martin.