[Box Backup] BoxBackup as a Windows Service (Cygwin)

Pascal Lalonde boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:07:59 -0400

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 12:15, Ben Summers wrote:
> On 14 Sep 2004, at 16:08, Pascal Lalonde wrote:
>
> > Did anyone have success at starting BoxBackup as a service under
> > Windows
> > (Cygwin)?
> >
> > I do a:
> > cygrunsrv -I boxbackup -p /usr/local/bin/bbackup.exe
> >
> > Then:
> > cygrunsrv -S boxbackup
> >
> > I get the error:
> > cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService: Win32 error 1058:
> > The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because
> > it has no enabled devices associated with it.
> >
> > I noticed that when installing sshd as a service via ssh-host-config,
> > the script passes -D to sshd, which tells sshd not to fork in the
> > background. Maybe boxbackup should have a similar option? Although I'm
> > not sure if that is the problem.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> To avoid it forking, do
>
>    bbackupd -c /path/to/config/file SINGLEPROCESS
>
> You must have an absolute reference to the config file, and everything
> be in that order.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but:
/usr/local/bin/bbackupd -c /etc/box/bbackupd.conf SINGLEPROCESS

starts a forked bbackupd, just as "bbackupd" would.
I've tried this on OpenBSD 3.5, with Boxbackup 0.07PLUS3.

Pascal