[Box Backup] Future development plan

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:27:14 +0100

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:18 +0100, Ben Summers wrote:
> And with that, we have basic agreement from all the recent
> contributors. (I'm really hoping I haven't forgotten anyone having
> said that!)

Excellent!

I wonder if this would be a good time to split the list into -users and
-dev to prevent everyone else from getting spammed.

> There is the tab stop issue. I work with tabs set to four spaces, and
> I do know how painful it is to work with others. Especially emacs
> users, who seem to delight in using wonderfully odd combinations of
> spaces and tabs.

Only because Emacs makes it so easy, I'm sure. :) I always use Emacs and
from my own editing point of view the tabs are fine since I've set Emacs
up to that style.

However, the diversity of editors and other tools out there makes spaces
a better bet. I think it would make sense to wait till the code is all
merged and then just run expand on the whole lot in one go. That way
there'll be no conflicts and no pain.

Cheers,

Martin.