[Box Backup] Future development plan

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:39:09 -0700

On 8/18/05 12:09 PM, Martin Ebourne wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 18:13 +0100, Ben Summers wrote:
>

>>Would anyone really object if Perforce is used? The branch and merge
>>functionality looks rather neat.
>>

>I don't run closed source software on any of my machines, so I
>personally wouldn't use it.
>
>As to whether it's really a better solution I've never used Perforce so
>can't help. But I've read some of the manual and a few comparison pages
>and would offer the following.

I haven't used SVN, but at a previous job, I used Perforce with great
success.

We were using cvs before switching to Perforce, and the difference in
developer performance was tremendous. Branching and merging actually
worked,  as opposed to cvs.

We had about 20 developers working on a 1.5MLOC system, and Perforce
never really broke a sweat.

Anyway, my $0.02

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561