[Box Backup] Future development plan

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:30:30 +0100

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 20:47 +0100, Mr R G Shepherd wrote:
> Ben Summers wrote:
> > Well there we go. A veto. So SVN it is. :-)
>
> Grab a recent version of SVN, so you get a nice stable fsfs backend by default
> instead of Berkeley-db. eurgh :)

Sound advice indeed. While BDB has advantages, I think it's been well
demonstrated that the fsfs backend is just better. Stick to svn 1.2 or
later and it will use that by default.

One day I'll get round to converting my remaining BDB repos to fsfs. One
big advantage with fsfs is that you can use boxbackup to back it up
directly, without needing to dump it to a file.

Cheers,

Martin.