[Box Backup] Problems doing a new install

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:40:17 -0800

On 12/12/05 2:26 PM, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 21:58 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
>
>> On 12 Dec 2005, at 21:48, Remco Poelstra wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've a new server, on which I'm trying to install boxbackup.
>>> I've compiled it on a Fedora Core 4 machine (the client) and the
>>> server is Debian sarge. Now bbstoreaccounts is complaining about
>>> the stdc++ lib not being (compiled with) the right version. This
>>> could very well be, given the fact that I used a parcel to install
>>> boxbackup.
>>> Is it possible to compile a static version so I won't have that
>>> problem? I can't compile it on my server, because there is no
>>> compiler installed on it....
>>>
>> You can add extra options to the compile and link lines with
>> arguments to ./configure, for example,
>>
>> 	./configure compile:-I/usr/local/include link:-L/usr/local/lib
>>
>> So, just work out what options are needed to do what you want, and
>> include them.
>>

> You can try -static, but it needs to appear in the link line before
> -lstdc++ (which I think is done automatically by the compiler and is
> therefore at the end).
>
> Alternatively use dpkg to work out package versions you have for
> libstdc++ and make them the same.

Not sure if your problem is on the FC4 or Debian box. I found that on
FC4 I had to install the 'compat-libstdc++-33' package on FC4 to get
another package (forget which) to build... Or if the problem is the
reverse, you might need libstdc++ 4.0 on the Debian box.

ymmv.

Thanks,
Per