[Box Backup] new disk -> error 1/9 Error accessing a file. Check permissions.

Andreas Schrafl boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:43:09 +0100

Hi

I changed my server by putting the disk into a new machine (same network
cards) and added a disk. now everything went well except box.

I move to the files to the new disk with cp -R -p and changed
raidfile.conf to the new path (I don't have a raid so 3 times the same
path).
Now when I start box it runs but can't access the accounts.

I get this in the log:

bbstored[21972]: Starting daemon (config: /etc/box/bbstored.conf)
(version 0.09)
bbstored/hk[30903]: Housekeeping process started
bbstored/hk[30903]: Starting housekeeping
bbstored/hk[30903]: while housekeeping account 000003E8, exception
Common OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.) (1/9) --
aborting housekeeping run for this account
bbstored/hk[30903]: while housekeeping account 000007D0, exception
Common OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.) (1/9) --
aborting housekeeping run for this account
bbstored/hk[30903]: while housekeeping account 00000BB8, exception
Common OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.) (1/9) --
aborting housekeeping run for this account
bbstored/hk[30903]: while housekeeping account 00000FA0, exception
Common OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.) (1/9) --
aborting housekeeping run for this account
bbstored/hk[30903]: Finished housekeeping

So I checked the config files and the data files and all have permission
for _bbstored (since I copied it with -p).

Now I know I should have tested everything with just the new disk or
just the new computer but I made both and if I undo the disk change
(change back the raidfile.conf) I get exactly the same error.

Could it be something with the encryption? I thougt I didn't change
anything there since I just took out the disk of one machine and pluged
it into the other (you can do this with OpenBSD).

Thanks for any advice
Andy