[Box Backup] win: client 7/47 and lin serv 7/34

Gary boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:54:03 -0800 (PST)

Joris,

> Backing up functions properly with a linux client, but when I start
> experimenting with the windows client, it reports error 7/47, and at
> the same time the linux server reports 7/34.

I ran into this one a couple of days ago, and you are right - this is
not a network problem. I suspect this has something to do with backing
up from Linux/Cygwin and inspecting/restoring from Win32, or perhaps
backing up from a bbstored (server) release build, and restoring from a
bbstored (server) debug build - do not remember the exact sequence.

Main point: when it comes to Win32 client, make sure to backup and
restore from Win32 client only, and use a debug/build release of
bbstored (server) consistently, the problem will go away.

Oh, do not try to run Win32 in snapshot mode, it locks up right after
startup. Otherwise, it seems to backup/restore/compare fine.

Gary