[Box Backup] Win32 Boxbackup client update

Jamie Neil boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:54:06 +0000

Nick Knight wrote:
> 2/ bbackupctl now working - needs more testing by you guys!

bbackupctl testing results:

1) sync in lazy mode seems to work fine.

2) sync in snapshot mode doesn't work (unless I am misunderstanding it's
function). It returns a valid config from the daemon, but no backup is done.

3) reload doesn't work:

  - reload in lazy mode after no changes to config will hang on every
other call.
  - reload in lazy mode after changing the config seems to hang the
daemon which then needs to be killed.
  - reload in lazy mode seems to always trigger a backup (not sure if
this is supposed to happen)
  - reload in snapshot mode seems to do nothing, it just returns the
(old) config.

4) force-sync just returns (Exception: <UNKNOWN>).

5) terminate seems to break the daemon but not actually terminate it.

Hope that's of some help :)

BTW is there any reason why the service (bobbackup(?)) takes so long to
stop? It starts quickly enough, but takes a minute or so to stop, which
is long enough for the service manager to time out.

And is there any chance of getting the source? I'd like to assist with
bugfixing if I can.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie@versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254