[Box Backup] Exclude lists

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:32:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben and all,

> Maybe that's the best compromise. Distribute the official tarball within your
> distribution archive, as a .tgz file of course, and patch it as necessary.
> Shouldn't be too hard to do. And I would be perfectly happy if you did this.

Thanks :-) The source is now available at [http://www.qwirx.com/boxi/] for
anyone who wants it. Please let me know if you have any questions,
suggestions, problems building, valid flames, etc. :-)

> Are you building your project within the framework? If so, I have some
> scripts which configure up a parallel structure, so you could trivially
> access the Box Backup code without having to add files within the existing
> tree.

No, unfortunately I'm stuck with the GNU automess for now, thanks to my
IDE, Anjuta. If it proves too much of a problem, I might ditch it in
favour of Box's build system.

> No idea, I'm afraid.

No worries. I hope you don't mind that I release the code now and ask
questions later :-)

> Sorry to be so awkward. I'm afraid licensing is not an area I'm particularly
> familiar with, and I'm trying to follow the recommendation of choosing a
> license, and sticking to it without messing around with it.

Licensing is a true evil, but also a necessary one :-( That said, I really
don't want to get into a wrangle over it, so I will do whatever you deem
necessary. If anyone else isn't happy with the current license situation,
I am interested to hear their views.