[Box Backup] Problems running server

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:05:27 -0800

On 1/6/05 8:55 AM, Dave Kettmann wrote:

>Hey all again,
>
>One last question because I cant seem to find the answer to this one. I know this system does incremental backups. Would I also be able to restore a previously backed up copy? For example, say someone had a file that got backed up to the server, then, they lost it. So now, the server would say that file was deleted and as far as I understand, it will keep that file until it needs more space. Now if the person tries to re-create the file, and the partial re-creation gets backed up, is there no way to retreive the old copy of the file? or is it lost forever?

Yes. As long as the old version of the file hasn't been deleted because
space is needed, you can retrieve it. use the '-ot' options to the list
command to find the version you want ('help list' in bbackupquery will
give you all the options).

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561