[Box Backup] some probs with windows version

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:58:54 -0800

On 1/12/05 9:12 AM, Alex Howansky wrote:

>I'm using Nick's 0.09a version on Windows 2003. I've created the account and
>edited the config file appropriately, changing only the lines that point to the
>certs/keys and the backup locations, which are defined like this:
>
>BackupLocations
>{
>	temp
>	{
>		Path = C:\temp\
>	}
>	inetpub-ftproot
>	{
>		Path = C:\inetpub\ftproot
>	}
>	inetpub-ftpusers
>	{
>		Path = C:\inetpub\ftpusers
>	}
>}
>
>Problem #1) When I use bbackupquery to browse the backed-up files, only the
>directories have been created on the server. I can cd around the tree and
>directories are correct, but none of them contain any files. I've waited a day
>after changing the conf file to make sure it's not a timing issue. I tried
>forcing a sync, but I get the "failed to connect to daemon control socket"
>error. Any ideas?

I know that Nick is working on the command socket problem.

As to why you have no files in your directories: Look in the
/var/log/box file on the backup store server, and see if there are any
clues there. Are you able to backup other clients, or is this your first
one?

>Problem #2) The name of the "temp" backup location used to be "Temp". I changed
>it to all lowercase to be consistent with my other configurations. However, now
>when I browse the store, I get both versions:
>
>query > ls
>00000002 -d---- Temp
>00000003 -d---- temp
>00000004 -d---- inetpub-ftproot
>00000005 -d---- inetpub-ftpusers
>
>Is this the expected behavior?

This is expected behaviour. The server keeps the old versions of the
renamed directories around until they need to be deleted.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561