[Box Backup] some probs with windows version

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:30:14 -0000

Hello Alex,

Problem #1 I would check to see if you have any large data coming in -
you can get large delays and they don't appear in box query until the
full file has been copied across. The way to check is to log into your
server browse to the data directory for that account and see if there
are any files growing in size, failing that - have a look in the log
files in the server and the event log on the 2003 server and report them
back.

The second issue this is expected - it will mark the Temp as a deleted
folder and delete it in the next housekeeping - after a period of time -
not sure how much though;)

I think is all correct!

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Alex Howansky
Sent: 12 January 2005 17:12
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: [Box Backup] some probs with windows version

I'm using Nick's 0.09a version on Windows 2003. I've created the account
and
edited the config file appropriately, changing only the lines that point
to the
certs/keys and the backup locations, which are defined like this:

BackupLocations
{
	temp
	{
		Path =3D C:\temp\
	}
	inetpub-ftproot
	{
		Path =3D C:\inetpub\ftproot
	}
	inetpub-ftpusers
	{
		Path =3D C:\inetpub\ftpusers
	}
}

Problem #1) When I use bbackupquery to browse the backed-up files, only
the
directories have been created on the server. I can cd around the tree
and
directories are correct, but none of them contain any files. I've waited
a day
after changing the conf file to make sure it's not a timing issue. I
tried
forcing a sync, but I get the "failed to connect to daemon control
socket"
error. Any ideas?

Problem #2) The name of the "temp" backup location used to be "Temp". I
changed
it to all lowercase to be consistent with my other configurations.
However, now
when I browse the store, I get both versions:

query > ls
00000002 -d---- Temp
00000003 -d---- temp
00000004 -d---- inetpub-ftproot