[Box Backup] first backup

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:53:34 -0800

On 1/19/05 11:45 AM, Robert Grzankowski wrote:

>  Hello!
>  I have configured two servers for boxbackup services. One is client
> and server for another one and vice versa. I have troubles to get
> first backup files from each other. The same thing in lazy mode and
> when I want to get snapshot.
>  Do I need to make first backup files localy and then move that to
> remote host?
>  For example: I want /var/temp to be backed up on A server. I created
> an account, certified this and resent certified key to the B host. On
> the B host I configured client :
>  /usr/local/bin/bbackupd-config /etc/box lazy 1234567 hostA /var/temp
>  When i start  /usr/local/bin/bbackupctl sync i got:
>  AutomaticBackup = true
>    UpdateStoreInterval = 3600 seconds
>    MinimumFileAge = 1 seconds
>    MaxUploadWait = 0 seconds
>  Succeeded.
>  And nothing else :( I mean , no new files transferred beetwen host A
> and B.
>  Thanks in advance for any help

Can you send us your config files from hosts A (bbstored.conf) and B
(bbackupd.conf)?

Also look in the log files on the client machine (B) for any output that
might explain the lack of backups. Usual location is /var/log/box, if
syslog is configured as described in
http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/server.html. Let us know what (if
anything) you see.

Are you getting backups to run in the other direction (if I understand
your configuration correctly, both servers are running bbstored)?

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561