[Box Backup] Strange behaviour: bug or feature?

Yannis Haralambous boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:05:17 +0100

Hi,

here is what happens in my backup: when I started it everything went=20
OK, but then I had a server breakdown and it tool me about a day to=20
relaunch the server. After having relaunched the server I did a=20
"bbackupquery usage quit" and found that 1828.1 Mb are used on the=20
server. This evening I did this query once again and the amount is the=20=

same. I checked the size of the directory where I keep the backup on=20
the server and it is constantly growing. Right now it contains more=20
than 2210 Mb. When I do a "top" on the client, I see "bbackupd"=20
running, when I do a "top" on the server I see "bbstored" running. But=20=

bbackupquery always gives me the same results as if nothing changes,=20
both the usage as the list of files...

What is going on?

cheers

Yannis

| Yannis Haralambous, Ph.D.      yannis.haralambous@enst-bretagne.fr |
| Directeur d'=C9tudes                   http://omega.enstb.org/yannis |
|                                          Tel. +33 (0)2.29.00.14.27 |
|                                          Fax  +33 (0)2.29.00.12.82 |
| D=E9partement Informatique                                           |
| =C9cole Nationale Sup=E9rieure des T=E9l=E9communications de Bretagne  =

| Technop=F4le de Brest Iroise, CS 83818, 29238 Brest CEDEX 3, France  |
                          ...pour distinguer l'ext=E9rieur d'un =
aquarium,
                                         mieux vaut n'=EAtre pas poisson

                         ...the ball I threw while playing in the park
                                        has not yet reached the ground