[Box Backup] Getting dirlist?

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:04:00 -0800

On 1/31/05 11:57 AM, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's some time ago since I posted my experience with boxbackup here....
> Went awfully wrong then.
> Laptop crashed eventually, which made me reinstall boxbackup. Shortly
> after that my server crashed too, so still no boxbackup.
> Now, I finally have everything fixed and boxbackup is up and running.
> I gave it some nice backuprules, but I have the idea that bbackupd
> doesn't understand me. It would be nice if there is someway to get a
> list of what bbackupd tries to backup.
> Perhaps somebody here can help me with these rules:
>
> home-remco
> {
> Path = /home/remco
> ExcludeDirsRegex = ^[.]+*
> ExcludeFilesRegex = ^[.]+*
> AlwaysIncludeDir = .gnupg
> }
>
> In words:
> Backup my whole homedir except hidden files/dirs, but do include .gnupg.
>
> My home-remco store remains empty, while "ls|grep ^[.]+* -" gives me
> the wanted filelist.

I don't know what platform your backups are running on (client), but I
would suggest putting a backslash "\" in front of the '.' in your regex,
like this:

home-remco
{
Path = /home/remco
ExcludeDirsRegex = ^[\.]+*
ExcludeFilesRegex = ^[\.]+*
AlwaysIncludeDir = .gnupg
}

If nothing else, it can't hurt...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561