[Box Backup] Boxwin On Server 2003

Mike Bydalek boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:37:12 -0700

Hello.

Let me start off by saying nice work on the Boxwin, and I hope this is the
correct place to ask questions about it since I can't find for the life of me a
mailing list for it, and have seen it mentioned here.

As for the reason of my post, I've been using Box Backup on my Linux clients for
a good amount of time.  Recently, a client wanted a Windows server, so I decided
to give Boxwin a try.

To test it, I used my local Windows XP machine and had absolutely no problem
whatsoever with it (hence my cheers ;).  But, when I went to implement it on
their server, Windows Server 2003, it didn't work properly.  All that would
happen is that the top level locations would be created, nothing more.

In looking through the application log, when I do an initiate backup, boxbackupd
throws this, which I've read means it can't access the file, or file doesn't
exist, etc.:

Exception caught (1/9), reset state and waiting to retry....

The next event in the application log is that the backup finished transferring 0
files and 0 bytes (duh).

Well, I then decided to have the service run as the Administrator, and then
added an "everyone" to the directories and gave full perms (I'm doing 2 simple
test directories for now).  After granting the world access to my test
directories, I still received that error and am now stuck.

Is there something special in 2003 that needs to be done that doesn't need to be
done in XP?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Mike