[Box Backup] Boxwin On Server 2003

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:00:50 -0700

On 6/3/05 7:33 AM, Mike Bydalek wrote:

> Quoting Nick Knight <nick@omniis.com>:
>
>> There is no difference in the way it works on 2003 and XP - I have it
>> working on both.
>

> That's what I was thinking, so it's odd that I'm having problems.
>

>> Instead of running it from a service as a test run it from the command
>> line - this can give useful info
>>
>> bbackupd -c bbackupd.conf
>

> This gives me:
>
> C:\Program Files\Box Backup>bbackupd -c bbackupd.conf
> No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not
> performed.
>
> Box Backup Client v0.09hWin32, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
> Starting daemon (config: bbackupd.conf) (version 0.09hWin32)
> Requested store object info file 'C:\Program Files\Box
> Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.
> dat' does not exist, not accessible, or inconsistent: no harm done,
> will re-cach
> e from store
> Parameter = 4593244.Connection from command socket
> Connection from command socket  <-- Starting here is when I initiated
> the sync
> Beginning scan of local files
> Opening connection to server compunetconsulting.com...
> Send Version(0x1)
> Receive Version(0x1)
> Send Login(0x1001,0x0)
> Receive LoginConfirmed(0x3f89729319f40,0x5,0x80000,0x96000)
> Connection made, login successful
> Send ListDirectory(0x1,0x2,0xc,false)
> Receive Success(0x1)
> Receiving stream, size 232
> 2 redundant locations in root directory found, will delete from store
> after 1728
> 00 seconds.
> Unused location in root: Shares
> Unused location in root: Home
> Send SetClientStoreMarker(0x3f8a4270388c0)
> Receive Success(0x3f8a4270388c0)
> Send Finished()
> Receive Finished()
> Exception caught (1/9), reset state and waiting to retry...

What's interesting to me is that there are two unused locations: Shares
and Home. What happened to those?

> There really isn't much there except for my original error.  But what is
> interesting is that the .dat file never gets created.  I've checked
> all paths
> and everything looks good.
>

> Per Ben's request, below is the config file that I am using (which is
> exactly
> idential to my XP one, minus the account number).

[snip bbackupd.conf]

> BackupLocations
> {
>      Test2
>     {
>                Path = C:\test2\
>     }
>      Test
>        {
>                Path = C:\test1\
>        }
> }

Do the BackupLocations 'test1' and 'test2' exist on your 2003 computer?
I just tested a situation where the BackupLocation didn't exist. That
caused the (1/9) exception to be thrown.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561