[Box Backup] Boxwin On Server 2003

Mike Bydalek boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:24:32 -0700

Mike Bydalek wrote:

> Quoting Per Thomsen <pthomsen@reedtz.com>:

>>> This gives me:
>>>
>>> C:\Program Files\Box Backup>bbackupd -c bbackupd.conf
>>> No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator
>>> not performed.
>>>
>>> Box Backup Client v0.09hWin32, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
>>> Starting daemon (config: bbackupd.conf) (version 0.09hWin32)
>>> Requested store object info file 'C:\Program Files\Box
>>> Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.
>>> dat' does not exist, not accessible, or inconsistent: no harm done,
>>> will re-cach
>>> e from store
>>> Parameter = 4593244.Connection from command socket
>>> Connection from command socket  <-- Starting here is when I
>>> initiated the sync
>>> Beginning scan of local files
>>> Opening connection to server compunetconsulting.com...
>>> Send Version(0x1)
>>> Receive Version(0x1)
>>> Send Login(0x1001,0x0)
>>> Receive LoginConfirmed(0x3f89729319f40,0x5,0x80000,0x96000)
>>> Connection made, login successful
>>> Send ListDirectory(0x1,0x2,0xc,false)
>>> Receive Success(0x1)
>>> Receiving stream, size 232
>>> 2 redundant locations in root directory found, will delete from
>>> store after 1728
>>> 00 seconds.
>>> Unused location in root: Shares
>>> Unused location in root: Home
>>> Send SetClientStoreMarker(0x3f8a4270388c0)
>>> Receive Success(0x3f8a4270388c0)
>>> Send Finished()
>>> Receive Finished()
>>> Exception caught (1/9), reset state and waiting to retry...
>>

>> What's interesting to me is that there are two unused locations:
>> Shares and Home. What happened to those?
>

> Those are the 2 original locations that I tried to backup.  The reason
> I changed
> it was because I wasn't sure if the first file it tried to backup was
> of a good
> size, so I wanted to backup a controled env., hence the test1 and test2.
>

>>> There really isn't much there except for my original error.  But
>>> what is
>>> interesting is that the .dat file never gets created.  I've checked
>>> all paths
>>> and everything looks good.
>>>

>>> Per Ben's request, below is the config file that I am using (which
>>> is exactly
>>> idential to my XP one, minus the account number).
>>>
>> [snip bbackupd.conf]
>>
>>> BackupLocations
>>> {
>>>      Test2
>>>     {
>>>                Path = C:\test2\
>>>     }
>>>      Test
>>>        {
>>>                Path = C:\test1\
>>>        }
>>> }
>>

>> Do the BackupLocations 'test1' and 'test2' exist on your 2003
>> computer? I just tested a situation where the BackupLocation didn't
> [...]
I have to have something messed up with permissions or something when
setting this up on Windows 2003.  Today I tried it on a completely
different Windows 2003 server, on a different domain, with a completely
different setup.  I've tried matching the path case in the config to
that of what Windows "thinks" it is.  I even tried copying everything
from my working XP computer over to the server and running a backup from
there.   All that I have done yields that 1/9 exception.

Is there some way I can turn up debugging, or do something that allows
me to see what the heck Box is trying to access?  I don't know if it's a
permissions problem or what, but something is going on that's not kosher.

Any other suggestions would be great as I'm anxious to get this up on my
2k3 servers.

Thanks,
Mike