[Box Backup] Boxi and Win32 Port Problem

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:27:10 +0100

Ah that bit I didn't notice!

The win32 port uses a named pipe for communicating over with the
bbackupdctl - all other versions use unix sockets (which are not
available in non-unix situations) you can't mix and match.

It is on my todo list to pull in boxi somehow - any help????

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Chris Wilson
Sent: 12 June 2005 23:31
To: BoxBackup Mailinglist
Subject: Re: [Box Backup] Boxi and Win32 Port Problem

Hi Andreas,

Boxi is not tested with any bbackupd other than the one it's distributed

with. In particular, I suspect that it's not yet compatible with with=20
native win32 port of Box Backup, because of the difference in file path=20
formats and the different type of control socket. I strongly recommend
you=20
use the bbackupd that comes with Boxi.

Having said that, I don't think this is your problem in this case. Is=20
bbackupd running? What output do you get from "strace bbackupctl"? Could

you post your configuration? Do all the files and directories named in
it=20
exist?

Cheers, Chris.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Andreas Schrafl wrote:

> Trying Boxi on my new Laptop didn't work so I installed the win32 port
that=20
> I'd been using on my desktop PC but the same occured:
>
> C:\Programme\Box Backup>bbackupctl.exe -c "c:\Programme\Box=20
> Backup\bbackupd.conf
> " sync
> Using configuration file c:\Programme\Box Backup\bbackupd.conf
> Could not open pipe aftwer waiting
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

> So now I'm trying to contact someone who can help me.
>
> Thanks for any help
> andy
>

> !DSPAM:42aac833195288958842156!

--=20