[Box Backup] Boxi and Win32 Port Problem

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:05:27 +0100

No that's exactly what I was talking about - its just my dodgy northern
English slang!

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Chris Wilson
Sent: 13 June 2005 18:39
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: RE: [Box Backup] Boxi and Win32 Port Problem

Hi Nick and all,

> It is on my todo list to pull in boxi somehow - any help????

I'm not sure what you mean by "pull in", but I'm very happy to
collaborate=20
on making Boxi build on native win32 and work with boxwin.

Since Boxi calls the Box Backup libraries when communicating with the=20
server, it would probably be enough to replace the supplied=20
boxbackup-0.09.tgz with a similar tarball of Boxwin source, fix any=20
conflicts in boxbackup.patch, and then fix any remaining Win32=20
incompatibilities in Boxi. The last shouldn't be too hard, as it already

builds and (almost) works under Cygwin :-)

But I haven't tried it yet. Does it seem like a reasonable way to
proceed?=20
Or did I misunderstand the question?

Cheers, Chris.
--=20