[Box Backup] More serious Win32 0.9f/RedHat 0.9 trouble...

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:46:30 -0800

On 3/30/05 5:48 AM, Gary wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have been running into weird backup problems (see the "Persistent
>bbackupd failure on large files (SSL3_WRITE_PENDING)" thread), so I
>decided to run things in debug mode get more information. I rebuilt
>bbstored in debug mode to have a look at /var/log/box, and the
>following error was encountered immediately during bbstored startup:
>
>[snip]
>Mar 30 06:19:32 server bbstored[18113]: TRACE: Exception thrown:
>RaidFileException(RaidFileDoesntExist) at RaidFileRead.cpp(1057)
>Mar 30 06:19:32 server bbstored[18113]: in server child, exception
>RaidFile RaidFileDoesntExist (2/11) -- terminating child
>
>Any ideas on what might be going on there with the backup?

Gary,
This is just a hunch, and you may already have checked this, but the
error message that you get on the bbstored server suggests to me that
there is something wrong with your accounts.txt file (usually in
/etc/box/bbstored).

If you only have one RAID set (see /etc/box/raidfile.conf), it's usually
named '0'. If your Windows account uses the wrong RAID set, that could
be a problem.

I understand that there is evidence that it works sometimes, but I think
it might be worth checking out...

Hope you figure out what's going on...

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561