[Box Backup] How many multi session can Boxbackup handle at same time, on Intel P4 2Ghz and 1Gb ram, approximate?

Mikael Syska boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:33:10 +0100

Micael Roxenhall wrote:

>Hi again!
>

>I have a questions about multi session.
>

>How many multi session (user upload files to server) can Boxbackup
>handle at same time, on Intel P4 2Ghz and 1Gb ram, approximate?

Alot since all the encryption are handle by the client...

Think it will be a disk I/O or bandwidth question in the end

>Can I  set limit on how many session my server can handle at same time?
>if so, let me say, I set limit to 10 session, and there are 20
>connection on server at same time, and Boxbackup answer to the 10 first
>session, how backup deal with the another 10 session? Can Boxbackup
>"delay" this connection to any session gets free?

Probebly easiest to do this on the firewall and limit 10 connections to
port 2220....

>Are there any limits to how many account you can make on Boxbackup?

Well there are, as I remember 0x0000 so thould would make
65536(including 0x0000) acounts

>I read under "planned future work" and you plan to develop "Bandwidth
>throttling with timed limits" have you any ideas when there are any
>beta?

Ben?