[Box Backup] exception caught and endless retries

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:47:24 +0000

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 21:33 +0000, Robert B wrote:
> 2) Is there a way to adjust the delay between retries?

I don't know of one, but would sure like that. When my remote backup
server is down box tries endlessly and rapidly to make connections to
it, and after about 1-2 days these failed connections somehow exhaust a
supply in my router and cause it to hang.

I think box should be rather less aggressive at retrying, perhaps with a
better backoff strategy. At the moment if the remote server is down for
any time I have to disable bbackupd from running to avoid losing my
connection.

Cheers,

Martin.