[Box Backup] Portability and public source depot

Stefan Norlin boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:57:55 +0200

>> As nice as the merging support would be to the way we plan to run
>> things (as one branch per developer, merging in later), there's not
>> much point if noone will use it.
>
> I only saw one person object to Perforce in the previous thread. Were
> there a whole load offlist, or was that it?
>
> If you're happy that Perforce is the right solution technically it seems
> daft to use something else because of one person. Of course, if there
> were lots of others too then....

The main question is probably whether Ben would feel comfortable
using it... otherwise it will probably never get done. I could set up a
Perforce depot, publically available, right now if only someone has any
relevant files to check in to it. :)

Also I would be happy to help out would there be any administrative
tasks needed to be taken care of. We also have a few cgi scripts so
that files and changes can be browsed in a "comfortable" way.

I would basically do anything(?) just to be able to get going and start
making some changes here and there to impove the portability of the
otherwise really nice Box Backup application.

(Do I sound desperate or what?!)

Stefan