[unclassified] [Box Backup] Portability and public source depot

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:28:13 +0100

On 24 Oct 2005, at 11:26, dave bamford wrote:

> Hi
> I have just compiled an OS2 port and would like to get this
> incorporated.
> I used the existing win32 port as a starting point and defined an OS2
> variable. As OS2 is more unix like than win there were less changes
> needed, the only bugbear was vfork, which was skipped by the win32
> port too. the only others that had to be added were poll and syslog.
>
> I am currently in the process of testing, all modules compiled, server
> and client.
>
> I can easily go back to a clean tarball and do the mods on this, my
> main
> problems were with the configure program, I had to frig it a bit
> and edit
> the makefiles slightly. Autoconfigure would be good.

It might be best to wait until the autoconf version is merged in, and
then import the necessary patches after that?

Once we've got Nick's stuff in, I will take a good look at all the
changes and propose a plan for merging them all.

Ben