[Box Backup] Boxi and boxbackup question.

Kai boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:59:57 +1200

I was using the boxbackup that comes with boxi.. it turned out to be a
firewall issue. (I should always look for the simple stuff first).

Still having issues with the actual backup/resotre.

I see boxi boxbackup start, On the server I see it login an immediately log
out... then boxi tries to initialize a sync but backupd is logged out by
this stage so I get a failed sync.

I haven't had a chance to properly debug this yet... will look at it
tonight.

Having a seperate problem with restore. I run the program, can browse the
remote store. I select a file, chose restore and the save as window pops up
(just a side here.. the save as box comes up empty and I have to manually
type the file name in.. is this a feature or a bug?) I chose a filename, it
pauses and then says "restore complete". The problem is the restored file is
the right size but it is complete garbage. It just looks like random line
noise. Not fun. :)

As I said tho I'll play with it some more tonight.