[Box Backup] Boxi and boxbackup question.

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:57:36 +0100 (BST)

Hi Kai,

> Just a quick question about the Boxi client. I'm having a bit of an issue
> with it under windows. I've installed it. Got my account set up on the
> server, but whenever I start the boxi program I get the following.
>
> Exception thrown: ConnectionException(Conn_SocketConnectError) at
> SocketStream.cpp(184)
>
> Looking in the "Backup Process" tab I see my connection error as "Socket
> connection refused."
>
> Is this the sever refusing connection (it doesn't appear to be seeing
> anything on inbound tcpdump) or the local program being unable to bind to a
> socket on the windows box it's on. If so any idea why that might be?

Are you using the win32 port of Box Backup? Boxi currently isn't
compatible with it, since Boxi uses a named pipe, and the win32 client
uses a TCP port for communication. Sorry. I recommend you use the version
of Box Backup that comes with Boxi, for now.

If you're using the version of Box Backup that comes with Boxi, check your
Windows event viewer for startup errors from Box Backup. What happens when
you click the Start button? Is the Box Backup process running? (check for
bbackupd.exe in Task Manager).