[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Gary boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

> What is the QFE hack?

I meant the original .10 sources, without the Quick Fix Engineering 0x000000FFFFFF hack.

> I haven't checked it myself, but I think it's very likely that all files
> over 2 GB are not backed up properly. Either zero bytes are backed up, or
> they cause bbackupd to crash with a negative file size.

I think so far I am lucky - close, but not above 2GB.

> Compare would normally notice and complain about partially-uploaded files.
> However, in this case it also has a braindead idea of how big the file is
> supposed to be, because it uses the same struct stat to store the file
> size. So I'm not sure that it would spot the problem.

I think it would have exactly the same information and the backup process, thus it would not know
the difference. Since NTFS will carry files over 2GB, any ideas on how to fix this once and for
all under Windows?

Gary