[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:06:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Gary,

> Does it mean that in the current version Windows .10 MinGW version
> (without the QFE hack)

What is the QFE hack?

> all large files (how large) are potentially corrupted?

I haven't checked it myself, but I think it's very likely that all files
over 2 GB are not backed up properly. Either zero bytes are backed up, or
they cause bbackupd to crash with a negative file size.

> If they never get uploaded to the server in their entirety, woudn't
> compare() never show the problem?

Compare would normally notice and complain about partially-uploaded files.
However, in this case it also has a braindead idea of how big the file is
supposed to be, because it uses the same struct stat to store the file
size. So I'm not sure that it would spot the problem.