[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:21:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Gary,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Gary wrote:

> Since NTFS will carry files over 2GB, any ideas on how to fix this once
> and for all under Windows?

When compiling with Visual Studio, which doesn't supply a struct stat of
its own, we can just change the emulated struct stat to use a 64-bit file
size, and all will be well.

Unfortunately, MinGW does provide its own struct stat, with a 32-bit file
size, and it's difficult to stop this from being included by other
headers, so it's difficult to replace with our own structure. If I'm the
only person compiling on MinGW, I can just hack the headers on my own
machine. Alternatively, perhaps the MinGW license will allow me to include
a hacked copy of their sys/stat.h in Box Backup.

Otherwise, we would have to replace all references to "struct stat" in the
code. That would be quite a big job, and Ben and Martin might reasonably
object to it.