[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:37:50 +0100

Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com> wrote:
> Otherwise, we would have to replace all references to "struct stat" in
> the code. That would be quite a big job, and Ben and Martin might
> reasonably object to it.

I think there would be reasonable precedent for something like
box_stat, but I agree it's not nice to change all of the code if it
can be avoided.

Another possibility is scary #define trickery. Possibly even less
nice, but as long as you make sure sys/stat.h has already been
included you could #define stat as box_stat and then provide your own
box_stat. Obviously this stuff would only be invoked for mingw.

Cheers,

Martin.