[Box Backup] ExcludeFile command being ignored with Win32 client.

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:51:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi John,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Chris Wilson wrote:

>>  Do you see any problems? The ExcludeDir commands seem to work fine but
>>  both ExcludeFile commands do not (every time it stops and starts the
>>  service it tries to backup the pagefile.sys which gives an error).
>
> This looks like a bug. I will investigate and get back to you.

I've released a new version of the Windows native client which may help
you. I think that the problem was that exclude/alwaysinclude directives
were processed in a case sensitive way, which makes sense on Unix but not
on Windows.

Please could you try the new client and let me know if it helps? You can
download it at:

[http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-chris_general_716-backup-client-mingw32.zip]