[Box Backup] Box Backup status

Dennis Speekenbrink boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:31:02 +0100

Hi everyone,

I was wondering on the current status of Box Backup.
I've been using Box Backup successfully for almost 2 years now, and am
currently running version 0.09

I've been meaning to upgrade the server to 0.10, but I understand that
such an upgrade would require all clients to upgrade as well.
Is there a feature in the works that will allow client / server upgrades
to be done asynchronously?  I remember a discussion about that when 0.10
was released.

If possible I would like to delay upgrading from 0.09 until I can
upgrade to a version that allows future upgrades asynchronously.  I can
probably get all clients to upgrade at the same time, but I would like
to undertake that time-consuming operation only once.
But I don't want to wait too long as 0.10 does some extra logging
(transferred data) that I find very interesting.

In short, can anyone give a short overview as to where the project
stands, what near-future plans are, and when a new version is expected?

Thanks,

Dennis

p.s. I read the TRAC pages which show a lot of future work, but have no
indication on where the development of said features is atm.