[Box Backup] Need to reload bbackupd conf to avoid timeouts?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:16:10 +0100

Hello Chris,

Tried to compile as seen below. Unfortunately the compile did not complete. I have successfully
compiled boxbackup on this machine before which confuses me. What have I done wrong?

Tobias

B08-TBP-KP:~/timeout-fix-r1194 kpadmin$ ./configure

checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether the compiler supports exceptions... yes
checking whether the compiler implements namespaces... yes
checking for perl... /opt/local/bin/perl
checking for library containing nanosleep... none required
checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for editline library... -ledit
checking editline/readline.h usability... no
checking editline/readline.h presence... no
checking for editline/readline.h... no
checking for db.h... 1.0.0
checking for library containing Berkeley DB 1.0.0... none required
configure: no Berkeley DB version 1.x or 4.1 or higher found
checking for library containing gethostbyname... none required
checking for library containing shutdown... none required
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for SSL_read in -lssl... yes
checking for EVP_CipherInit_ex in -lcrypto... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking execinfo.h usability... no
checking execinfo.h presence... no
checking for execinfo.h... no
checking process.h usability... no
checking process.h presence... no
checking for process.h... no
checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking signal.h usability... yes
checking signal.h presence... yes
checking for signal.h... yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/uio.h usability... yes
checking sys/uio.h presence... yes
checking for sys/uio.h... yes
checking sys/xattr.h usability... yes
checking sys/xattr.h presence... yes
checking for sys/xattr.h... yes
checking regex.h usability... yes
checking regex.h presence... yes
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for library containing regcomp... none required
checking for library containing dlsym... none required
checking for u_int8_t... yes
checking for u_int16_t... yes
checking for u_int32_t... yes
checking for u_int64_t... yes
checking for uint8_t... yes
checking for uint16_t... yes
checking for uint32_t... yes
checking for uint64_t... yes
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking if non-aligned 16 bit word accesses fail... no
checking if non-aligned 32 bit word accesses fail... no
checking if non-aligned 64 bit word accesses fail... no
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for struct stat.st_flags... yes
checking for struct stat.st_mtimespec... yes
checking for struct sockaddr_in.sin_len... yes
checking whether INFTIM is declared... no
checking whether SO_PEERCRED is declared... no
checking whether O_BINARY is declared... no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for struct dirent.d_type... yes
checking whether struct dirent.d_type is valid... yes
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for pre-processor pragma defines... no
checking for "/dev/urandom"... yes
checking for getmntent... no
checking for statfs... yes
checking for sys/param.h... (cached) yes
checking for mntent.h... no
checking for sys/mnttab.h... no
checking for sys/mount.h... yes
checking for struct statfs.f_mntonname... yes
checking for struct statvfs.f_mntonname... no
checking for struct mntent.mnt_dir... no
checking for struct mnttab.mnt_mountp... no
checking for gcc version 3 or later... yes
checking whether closedir returns void... no
checking for error_at_line... no
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking whether lstat dereferences a symlink specified with a trailing slash... no
checking whether stat accepts an empty string... no
checking for getpeereid... yes
checking for lchown... yes
checking for setproctitle... no
checking for getpid... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for kqueue... yes
checking sys/syscall.h usability... yes
checking sys/syscall.h presence... yes
checking for sys/syscall.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for syscall... yes
checking for __syscall... no
checking whether syscall lseek requires dummy parameter... yes
checking for listxattr... yes
checking for llistxattr... no
checking for getxattr... yes
checking for lgetxattr... no
checking for setxattr... yes
checking for lsetxattr... no
checking whether XATTR_NOFOLLOW is declared... yes
checking if we have large file support enabled... yes
checking for flock... yes
checking whether O_EXLOCK is declared... yes
checking whether F_SETLK is declared... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating infrastructure/BoxPlatform.pm
config.status: creating bin/bbackupd/bbackupd-config
config.status: creating bin/bbackupquery/makedocumentation.pl
config.status: creating bin/bbstored/bbstored-certs
config.status: creating bin/bbstored/bbstored-config
config.status: creating infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl
config.status: creating infrastructure/makeparcels.pl
config.status: creating lib/common/makeexception.pl
config.status: creating lib/raidfile/raidfile-config
config.status: creating lib/server/makeprotocol.pl
config.status: creating runtest.pl
config.status: creating test/backupstorefix/testfiles/testbackupstorefix.pl
config.status: creating test/bbackupd/testfiles/bbackupd.conf
config.status: creating test/bbackupd/testfiles/extcheck1.pl
config.status: creating test/bbackupd/testfiles/extcheck2.pl
config.status: creating test/bbackupd/testfiles/notifyscript.pl
config.status: creating test/bbackupd/testfiles/syncallowscript.pl
config.status: creating lib/common/BoxConfig.h
config.status: lib/common/BoxConfig.h is unchanged

svn: '.' is not a working copy
Box build environment setup.

Seeding autogen code...
Creating built-in documentation for bbackupquery...
svn: '.' is not a working copy
Making Server protocol classes from backupprotocol.txt...
svn: '.' is not a working copy
Making Client protocol classes from ../../bin/bbstored/backupprotocol.txt...
Generating BackupStore exception...
Generating Common exception...
Generating Conversion exception...
Generating Compress exception...
Generating Cipher exception...
Generating RaidFile exception...
Generating Server exception...
Generating Connection exception...
svn: '.' is not a working copy
Making Server protocol classes from testprotocol.txt...
svn: '.' is not a working copy
Making Client protocol classes from testprotocol.txt...
done

Scanning code...
done

Generating Makefiles...
lib/common
lib/raidfile
lib/crypto
lib/server
lib/win32
lib/compress
lib/intercept
test/common
test/crypto
test/compress
test/basicserver
test/raidfile
lib/backupclient
lib/backupstore
bin/bbstored
bin/bbstoreaccounts
bin/bbackupobjdump
bin/bbackupd
bin/bbackupquery
bin/bbackupctl
test/backupstore
test/backupstorefix
test/backupstorepatch
test/backupdiff
test/bbackupd

Type 'cd <module_dir>; bsdmake' to build a module

svn: '.' is not a working copy
A summary of the build configuration is below. Box Backup will function
without these features, but will work better where they are present. Refer
to the documentation for more information on each feature.

Regular expressions: yes
Large files:         yes
Berkeley DB:         no
Readline:            no
Extended attributes: yes

B08-TBP-KP:~/timeout-fix-r1194 kpadmin$ cd bin/bbackupd/
B08-TBP-KP:~/timeout-fix-r1194/bin/bbackupd kpadmin$ bsdmake

(cd ../../lib/common; bsdmake  -D NODEPS)
g++ -g -Wall   -DBOX_VERSION="\"_exported\""  -g -Wall -c autogen_CommonException.cpp -o
../../debug/lib/common/autogen_CommonException.o
g++ -g -Wall   -DBOX_VERSION="\"_exported\""  -g -Wall -c autogen_ConversionException.cpp -o
../../debug/lib/common/autogen_ConversionException.o
g++ -g -Wall   -DBOX_VERSION="\"_exported\""  -g -Wall -c ConversionString.cpp -o
../../debug/lib/common/ConversionString.o
g++ -g -Wall   -DBOX_VERSION="\"_exported\""  -g -Wall -c DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp -o
../../debug/lib/common/DebugMemLeakFinder.o
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:68: error: 'MemLeakSuppressionGuard' has not been declared
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:68: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'MemLeakSuppressionGuard' with no type
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:74: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '::' token
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp: In function 'int memleakfinder_numleaks()':
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:306: warning: unused variable 'rInfo'
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp: In function 'void memleakfinder_reportleaks_file(FILE*)':
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:319: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long
unsigned int'
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:323: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'long
unsigned int'
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp: In function 'int MemLeakSuppressionGuard()':
DebugMemLeakFinder.cpp:72: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
*** Error code 1

Stop in /Users/kpadmin/timeout-fix-r1194/lib/common.
*** Error code 1

Stop.