[Box Backup] Problems moving the store location

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:51:57 +0000

On 21 Dec 2006, at 08:27, Stefan Norlin wrote:

>> It should work. Please post your before and after raidfile.conf
>> files.
>
> Before:
>
> disc0
> {
>        SetNumber = 0
>        BlockSize = 2048
>        Dir0 = /home/boxbackup/data/0.0
>        Dir1 = /home/boxbackup/data/0.0
>        Dir2 = /home/boxbackup/data/0.0
> }
>
> After:
>
> disc0
> {
>        SetNumber = 0
>        BlockSize = 2048
>        Dir0 = /nas/boxbackup/data/0.0
>        Dir1 = /nas/boxbackup/data/0.0
>        Dir2 = /nas/boxbackup/data/0.0
> }

I can think of two possible causes.

1) You renamed something within the data directory. However, your
so that's unlikely to be the problem.

2) Your filesystem doesn't support locking.

Moving backup stores is an expected operation, so this should work.
The next step in working out what's going on is to compile a debug
bbstoreaccounts and see where it fails.

HOWEVER, when making your debug version, open lib/backupstore/
StoreStructure.h, and modify

#ifdef NDEBUG
	#define STORE_ID_SEGMENT_LENGTH		8
	#define STORE_ID_SEGMENT_MASK		0xff
#else
	// Debug we'll use lots and lots of directories to stress things
	#define STORE_ID_SEGMENT_LENGTH		2
	#define STORE_ID_SEGMENT_MASK		0x03
#endif

to just

	#define STORE_ID_SEGMENT_LENGTH		8
	#define STORE_ID_SEGMENT_MASK		0xff

so that the debug version is compatible with the release version.

To compile a debug version, type

    cd bin/bbstoreaccounts; make

then your exec is in debug/bin/bbstoreaccounts/

Ben