[Box Backup] Danish and other special chars

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 00:27:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Mikael,

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Mikael Syska wrote:

> Now it transfers the files to the server, but when I run the
> "bbackupdquery.exe" the names are wierd, in all the folders....
>
> But... When I restore a directory with a "wierd" name, it restore the
> directory, and all sub folders and files have the correct name, so I guess
> its 90% fixed.....
>
> The last part would just be see the correct names, instead of some wierd
> chars in the bbackupdquery
>
> Thanks for the update, now I dont have to rename +100 names :-)

Please could you try this new release candidate:

[http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-0.09_plus2_vc2005fix_r386-backup-client-mingw32.zip]

and let me know if it helps? It seems to in my tests.

If the "ls" command works OK for you, and if you have time, please could
you test the other bbackupquery commands as thoroughly as you can, on
directories with special characters in their names?

I'm particularly interested in the results for cd'ing through multiple
directories, restoring and comparing, as I don't have good test cases for
these, and I suspect that I haven't fixed all the problems yet.