[Box Backup] Couple of items added to 0.09 Known Bugs Wiki; also, Box Backup Saves the Day!

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:20:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Timing is everything! About 2 weeks ago, I installed Box Backup on the
main computer of my bookkeepers/tax guy, where all his client files
are.  I was inspired to do so by the lonely CD sitting under his desk
that said "Backups" on it; I asked him when he made it, and he said
something like, "last summer".  Box Backup was running well for about
10 days when we had a quite strong wind storm blow through town last
Friday night; lights were dimming in and out for many hours, although
the power never fully went out.  Tuesday morning they came into the
office and found that their computer wouldn't start (they only had a
high-quality surge suppressor on the computer, but not a UPS).  Dell
came out yesterday and replaced the power supply AND hard drive under
warranty (Dell wanted to take the hard drive, but we asked to keep it;
they want it back by March 2!?)  You should've seen the peace on the
guy's face as I began restoring his 16,000 client files with a few
keystrokes.  Thanks, Ben (and all) for an amazing product!

In the restore process, I noticed a couple of things that I just put
into the Known 0.09 Bug wiki:
http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Known_bugs

*Query Crashing
*Restored Files Date Stamps

I also noticed that
http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Verify_and_restore_backups
is incomplete compared to
http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/restore.html
Let me know and I'll copy the text from the latter to the former.

Thanks,
Pete