[Box Backup] Is it possible to 'undelete' files in the Box Backup store?

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:46:06 +0000

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 20:03 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
> You know, I got caught by something very similar to this myself. I
> then proposed a feature on this list which would solve this problem,
> but got so badly flamed over the idea of noticing empty directories,
> logging a warning, and waiting a day before deleting everything, I
> sort of lost interest in the idea.

That's the second time you've said this so I think it's about time we
cleared it up. ;)

The last time you said this the only person who replied was me, and I
said I thought it was a good idea. The email is in the thread you
quoted.

The first time the discussion came up was here:

http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2004-September/000444.html

I've just reread it and it seems pretty flame free.

In fact, there appears to be only one person who didn't like the idea,
and that was only because it wouldn't work for him (a quota file being
generated would prevent the failsafe).

I still think it's a good idea and worth implementing. Just have to make
sure it sends out an email in this case, so it doesn't get missed.

Cheers,

Martin.