[Box Backup] First official Win32 release

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:30:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

>>  Thanks Chris for putting the extra work in whilst I am busy - I am
>>  glad it has been taken a little closer to a full release.

No problem, you did most of the work for us :-)

>>  When do you think the exclusions (large file support/SSL keep alive)
>>  will happen. In my experience so far they are definitely needed.
>
> We need code of suitable quality for inclusion.

Please have a look at the branch I created for SSL keepalives, and let me
know if there's anything blocking it from inclusion:

svn diff -r 323:326 \
http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/diff-timeout-and-ssl-keepalive

As far as I know, large files (>4Gb) are simply not supported by the MinGW
compiler using the standard C library functions. One has to replace them
with Windows-specific functions, and I haven't had time to do that yet.

Also, autoconf detects that large file support is not available (off_t
remains 4 bytes long), and I haven't figured out how to work around
that yet.