[Box Backup] 0.10 release candidate 2

Todd D. Esposito boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:17:59 -0600 (CST)

Per,

On Tue, January 31, 2006 13:59, Per Thomsen said:
> [snip]
>
> Running test bbackupd in release mode...
> ***********
> Your platform supports xattr, but your filesystem does not.
> Skipping tests.
> ***********
>
> What file system can I use if I want to test extended attributes on
> Linux (I'm using ext3)? I could probably find an old drive, and install
> it, if it would help.

It's not a file-system thing, necessarily; xattr needs to be enabled in
the kernel (well, in the fs {module} build, same difference); I don't use
RH since 7.3, but I wasn't enabled back then IIRC, and appears not to be
for you.

I can test it on my Gentoo Linux system with/without xattr, if you fellas
would like.  I've been using 0.9 for a while now, and lurking here even
longer, so maybe I can step up a bit?

Todd D. Esposito
www.ToddEsposito.com
Todd@ToddEsposito.com