[Box Backup] 0.10 release candidate 2

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:41:22 +0000

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 15:29 -0800, Per Thomsen wrote:
> Is this non-destructive? I.e., can I do this with a fs, that hasn't had
> xattrs turned on in the past?

Yes you can, and it's non-destructive in that you won't loose any data.

> If so, I'll do the FC2 and FC3 tests with xattr turned on as well.

Should be fine. Adding xattr will make changes on disk to support xattr
of course, but it should not cause any problems, will not hurt any data,
and as far as I know won't even affect backwards compatibility to old
kernels (if you should want such a thing).

Cheers,

Martin.