[Box Backup] Can Win32 client backup files from another machine?

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have a client who has a Windows Small Business Server network.  The
backup client is boxbackup-chris_general_568-backup-client-mingw32.zip
on a Windows 2003 Standard machine.  Box backup is working great when
we stay on the local machine, but we are trying to create a
BackupLocation for files that reside on another one of various Windows
machines on the network, but we keep getting the 1/9 exception (and
nothing gets backed up from any BackupLocation), whether we use a
mapped drive letter path as a BackupLocation or a UNC path.

Neither of these BackupLocations worked:

BackupLocations
{
     DocsSettings
     {
          Path = e:\Documents and Settings
     }
     CDesktop
     {
                Path = \\cdesktop\desktop$\Documents and Settings
     }
}

BackupLocations
{
     DocsSettings
     {
          Path = e:\Documents and Settings
     }
     CDesktop
     {
                Path = T:\
     }
}

Can this be done?  If so, he'd prefer to use UNC paths, if possible,
rather than clutter up his mapped-drive list with several mappings that
would only be used for box backup.

This is the best I could find:
http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2005-April/001339.html
and that might be too old.

(For the record, due to some OS install disk partitioning funkiness,
his Box Backup app and bbackupd.conf are installed in E:\Program
Files\Box Backup and it works fine.  His OS is installed in E:, too,
not C: as is customary.)

Thanks!
Pete