[Box Backup] speed up initial sync?

Dave Thomas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:33:11 -0700

I am experiencing very long initial sync times with box backup that I suspect
is due to the extremely high number of small files we use in our application.
Its not unusual for us to have well over 1 million small files in a dir
(yea...we need to...don't ask..its some crazy legacy stuff) and while backup
times have always been long due to all those small files I am seeing initial
sync times over well over 24 hours with box backup on some of these systems.
I can deal with the long initial sync times of these systems if I have to,
but anything longer than 12 hours is eating into 'work time', so I would like
to speed things up if possible.

My question: Short of tossing cubic dollars at new hardware, is there anyway I
can speed up the initial sync process?

Thanks for your time,
Dave