[Box Backup] Following Symbolic Links

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:00:21 -0700

On 6/15/06 7:12 AM, Peter Porter wrote:
> Is there an option to have Box follow symbolic links, preferably on a
> per-location basis?  I just realized that a file under /etc is a
> symbolic link, I need the old version, and I don't have it.
I believe the reason that links are not followed is that mount points
are what is backed up, not directories.

> I've spent a good amount of time researching this and can find no
> documentation covering all of the configuration options for bbackupd,
> bbstored, etc.  The only documentation I can generally find are the
> how-to's on fluffy.co.uk, and some information on the wiki.  Is there
> a central location for actual application documentation?  Are there
> man files that I'm missing?  If not, I'm certain that this would be a
> very beneficial addition to the project.
I am working on all the documentation, and there are some man pages
checked into svn. Not all man pages, however. Check
http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/DocProject for the current
status. I believe the man pages you want are bbackupd(1) and possibly
bbackupd.conf(5). Sadly, I have not gotten to those pages yet. I will
hopefully have some more time in early July to finish this up for 0.10.

If you are interested in helping, I'd love more participation.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561