[Box Backup] windows service

Alex Howansky boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 2 May 2006 17:03:22 -0500 (CDT)

I'm running Chris' latest Windows binary, but I can't get it to start as a
service. Running bbackupd.exe -i returns:

Failed to create Box Backup service: error 1078

There is a "Box Backup" entry in the services manager list, presumably from the
previous 0.09 version I was running. It's pointing to the right exe, but when I
click the start button, I get:

Could not start the Box Backup service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.

If I run bbackupd.exe from the command prompt and let it just sit there in
the foreground and do its thing, it works fine.

Any ideas?

--
Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates